March 16, 2009

Malaysia Trip






The trip to KL(friendly match) last weekend was a short but enjoyable one. I made new friends and also made old friends. Hee Y? I know my friends within poomse club better liao.

We were very excited during the first day of the trip, 14th March, we thought that we're going to fight our way to KL. Hee everyone was excited. But then, delay here and there, and the bus trip was killing us. about 4hours. To KL all low moral to fight liao. haha... and in fact the actual training was on Sunday (15th March).

At the school, I was so scared by the view I see. All of them wearing black belt even a little gal and boy around 5 or 6 years old. Waa "Strong Opponent" was running thought my mind.

But then, I got more relax, when I join in their training. Looking at how they kick, and how they endure every exercise. My confidence level went up =).

We had a row sparring(slight contact), we were asked not to fight at our best to "hide" our strengths. Haha. We ended with a individual contact sparring. Each group was asked to choose their best 5. (poomse club / Malaysian). In the end more than 5 were choosen, from our side - Jia Hao, Sherman, Me, Vikki, Mike Quek, Daniel(Jr), Hidayah, Hidayat and Eugune. We had a good fight.

Vikki knock out one of the malaysian. I got kick in the neck. Hee but I got the malaysian head twice. Anyway, they say I fought well but I think it's a bit like not enough. lol (to view my video, go to my facebook.)

No comments: